Cura Curated
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inkscape vs Ai

+6
Jungkook
Unique
thenextavenger
thegreatunknown
ilovebts
ndreanicoke
10 posters
Go down
ndreanicoke
ndreanicoke
Admin
https://ndreanicoker.forumotion.com

Inkscape vs Ai Empty Inkscape vs Ai

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:46 pm
Graphic Design Software today are quiet a big hit- for making art nowadays were not just for 'expressing-yourself', marketing and business were utilizing it today to promote and express their products effectively.
In this forum, I bravely presented the compare and contrast of Inkscape to Adobe Illustrator, might as well scroll it down, comment your judgement/questions right after!

Inkscape
A web-based vector graphics editing tool that is free to use.
Features:
Node Editing
Node Movement
Node Alignment and Distribution
Boolean Operations
Path Simplification with Variable Threshold
Path Insetting and Outsetting
Bitmap Tracing
Objection Creation
Drawing, Shape, Calligraphy, Pencil and Pen Tools
Text To
Text Support
Object Manipulation
Tranformations
Layers
Z-order operations
Grouping Objects
Fully anti-aliased Display
“As you drag” rendering of objects during interactive transformations
File Formats
SVG format file generation and editing
Available Devices:
Windows, MAC, Linux, Web-based
Pricing:
Inkspace offers no enterprise pricing plans to consider, as it is an open source solution licensed under the GPL (General Public License).

Cons:
Doesn't have built in support for exporting to the .eps format.

Illustrator
An industry-standard vector graphics software, which supports Adobe Stock marketplace integration for users to access wide collection of design templates.
Features:
Pixel-Perfect Designs
Snap to Pixel Capability
Access Adobe Stock Assets
Built In Design Templates and Presets
CSS Extraction
Color Syncing
Sync Settings
On-art Free Transform Tool
File Packaging
Images in Brushes
Path Segment Reshaping
Settings Import and Export
Perspective Drawing Enhancements
Live Shapes: Rectangles and Rounded Rectangles
Anchor Point Enhancements
Custom Brushes, Graphics and Colors
Edit Once, Update Everywhere
Fast Zoom and Magnification
Freeform Merge/Subtract Mode for the Shapebuilder tool
Dynamic symbols
Smart Guides
SVG Export Option
Touch Workspace
Available Devices:
Windows, MAC, Windows Mobile, Linux, Web-based
Pricing:
Annual plan with a monthly fee – €24.59 (about $30.14) / month with VAT
Annual plan with prepayment – €294.97 (about $361.60) / month with VAT
Monthly plan – €36.89 (about $45.22) / month with VAT

Decided enough to switch? Or stay? Roll up some of your experiences and comment it below!

ilovebts
Guru

Inkscape vs Ai Empty Re: Inkscape vs Ai

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:08 pm
Uhm, I'm actually using both, so I just want to share my opinions about the two.
ndreanicoke
ndreanicoke
Admin

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 pm
Sure, I would love to hear it. Smile
ilovebts
Guru

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:12 pm
ilovebts wrote:Uhm, I'm actually using both, so I just want to share my opinions about the two.
I've been using Adobe Illustrator for almost 3 years. AI is really great since its so user-friendly. I self-studied how to use AI and I easily get familiarize with the tools. It can be exported to into different file type (w/c is really cool). But sometime, Ai closes unexpectedly, while I'm working. It's sad though.
ndreanicoke
ndreanicoke
Admin

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:21 pm
Hmmmm, that is really quiet frustrating. Are you having, by any chance imported fonts on your library? Maybe some of the fonts there were having a conflict. I just read it somewhere that you need to remove those (if your don't know of what font is having an error) and leave the basic fonts alone. Hope that helps!
ilovebts
Guru

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:30 pm
ilovebts wrote:
ilovebts wrote:Uhm, I'm actually using both, so I just want to share my opinions about the two.
I've been using Adobe Illustrator for almost 3 years. AI is really great since its so user-friendly. I self-studied how to use AI and I easily get familiarize with the tools. It can be exported to into different file type (w/c is really cool). But sometime, Ai closes unexpectedly, while I'm working. It's sad though.
Meanwhile, I used Inkscape for almost a month and as of now, I'm doing great (both of us) But, the developers should also consider Inkscape as user-friendly software. There are some tools that I can't find and it really hurts my head loool.
ilovebts
Guru

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:33 pm
ndreanicoke wrote:Hmmmm, that is really quiet frustrating. Are you having, by any chance imported fonts on your library? Maybe some of the fonts there were having a conflict. I just read it somewhere that you need to remove those (if your don't know of what font is having an error) and leave the basic fonts alone. Hope that helps!
Yes, it's quite frustrating. Hahahahaha, no it's not really related about the fonts, its about memory allocation. Maybe I've been using Ai for a long time of period and my memory can't take it anymore. So to be exact, it's not Ai's problem anyway, it's more on the hardware.
thegreatunknown
Guru

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:29 pm
Inkscape for the win.
thenextavenger
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:54 pm
What are the file format once you saved photo from inkscape?
thenextavenger
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:58 pm
Inkscape vs Ai Screen13
What's the difference between these 2 Inkscape?
thenextavenger
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:00 pm
Can I be a good graphic designer using Inkscape?
Unique
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:13 pm
thenextavenger wrote:Can I be a good graphic designer using Inkscape?
Yes you can, as long as you have this imaginative mind and 'madiskarte' skills. Inkscape majors the vector-graphic kind of art, meaning, it is not into standard or metric stuffs. A freehand drawing will be appreciated as long as you have a great combination of colors.
Jungkook
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:16 pm
Unique wrote:
thenextavenger wrote:Can I be a good graphic designer using Inkscape?
Yes you can, as long as you have this imaginative mind and 'madiskarte' skills. Inkscape majors the vector-graphic kind of art, meaning, it is not into standard or metric stuffs. A freehand drawing will be appreciated as long as you have a great combination of colors.
Also, if you are a newbie like me, there are numerous tutorials and forums out there that can fill your help and needs. That's a good thing about open-source software, along the internet.
Unique
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:33 pm
thenextavenger wrote:What are the file format once you saved photo from inkscape?
.png and .jpg you can choose between the two. Actually, when I first tried to save photo from Inkscape, I struggled because the thing that I am doing is Save as or Save a Copy from the File tab on the header. And the problem with that is, Inkscape is saving the photo with the background of the environment along to the photo,. It is disgusting for me because I want to save the picture ALONE, not with the background.
Unique
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:35 pm
Unique wrote:
thenextavenger wrote:What are the file format once you saved photo from inkscape?
.png and .jpg you can choose between the two. Actually, when I first tried to save photo from Inkscape, I struggled because the thing that I am doing is Save as or Save a Copy from the File tab on the header. And the problem with that is, Inkscape is saving the photo with the background of the environment along to  the photo,. It is disgusting for me because I want to save the picture ALONE, not with the background.
The good thing about this one is that they are letting you save your photo in PNG format, meaning, you can have your work saved in much clearer precise output. In the header, File > Export PNG Image, then choose the objects you want to save. Or click the shortcut key, Ctrl + Shift + E.
jazz
Guru

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:42 pm
ilovebts wrote:
ndreanicoke wrote:Hmmmm, that is really quiet frustrating. Are you having, by any chance imported fonts on your library? Maybe some of the fonts there were having a conflict. I just read it somewhere that you need to remove those (if your don't know of what font is having an error) and leave the basic fonts alone. Hope that helps!
Yes, it's quite frustrating. Hahahahaha, no it's not really related about the fonts, its about memory allocation. Maybe I've been using Ai for a long time of period and my memory can't take it anymore. So to be exact, it's not Ai's problem anyway, it's more on the hardware.
It happened to me also, yes, haha. I think my laptop needs some quiet upgrade. (Or Ai is saying that we need to avail them! lol)
jazz
Guru

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:49 pm
thenextavenger wrote:Inkscape vs Ai Screen13
What's the difference between these 2 Inkscape?
There's a difference in their versions and packages. If you have time, check those two and comment a snap of those two here. Between the two, it could be a Debian package or a snap package. Which one should you install, then? Well, that will depend on you or to your computer. To be sure, check the compatibility first Very Happy
cap_je
cap_je
Guru

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:44 am

I have read that you can save a photo in inkscape in all possible file formats except .PNG
cap_je
cap_je
Guru

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:14 pm
Which is better? Photoshop or Inkscape?
Crystaline Lovely
Crystaline Lovely
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:28 pm
Differences between photoshop and inkscape?
Crystaline Lovely
Crystaline Lovely
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 pm
In Inkscape, How to modify the corners of an rectangle?
Crystaline Lovely
Crystaline Lovely
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:32 pm
How to add a new font into Inkscape on Linux?
Crystaline Lovely
Crystaline Lovely
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:32 pm
How Do I Edit & Change a Saved Inkscape SVG Document?
Crystaline Lovely
Crystaline Lovely
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:33 pm
In Inkscape, how to add more than one photo?
Crystaline Lovely
Crystaline Lovely
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:33 pm
In Inkscape, how to transform a photo into a puzzle?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum